October 25, 2007

Junk Drawer

I know why it is called a junk drawer.

Because that is all you can ever find in it. The idea is to have a place that all of the miscellany of our lives can be put 'so you know where to find it'.

Reality however. . . welcome to another planet.

Opening the drawer to retrieve the camera patch cord that sucks the photos off of the internal memory as well as the card, I find about a half dozen various cords. Sadly, they don't belong to the camera.

NOT ONE OF THEM! #*&!#*!&#^!

Okay. I pull the card out of the camera only to discover that while it does indeed go into the special little 'we paid boocoo bucks for this slot', the card is as empty as Mother Hubbard's cupboard after a raid.

GRRRRR.

That means the only option I have left is to find the ticky tacky little patch cord and effect the transfer. Searching and swearing begins. Okay, I'm not a paragon of virtue when it comes to the words that come out of my mouth - I'm working on it!

Besides which, it's the only reason I haven't been translated yet. ;-)

Apparently aliens came and collected only the camera patch cord. Sorry to all those people who are still out there waiting to be experimented upon by the friendly little bald headed people with the giant eyes.

Days passed.

Aggravation grew to new levels of angst. Despair set in and most especially since I had wanted to send the pictures to our son for his amusement since he is away from home. The GRRRR factor was off the charts.

My long suffering and generous husband bought me a replacement along with a bouquet of flowers.

"See if this will work." He smiled as he said it, knowing full well that it would indeed work. Marrying a man of technical skills who looks cute in corduroy pants is a good combination.

My pictures were saved and perhaps a giblet of sanity. At least until the next crisis.

No comments: