November 12, 2007

Rice Krispy Treats

It's time to break forth into singing and let the rejoicing begin! After an arduous and protracted day spent over a hot stove in the kitchen, I have made toffee bit and cocoa rice krispie treats!
(no, really, applause isn't necessary - although it IS gratifying after all I have gone through to make these treats!)

Okay, okay. I'll wipe off the water I flicked onto my face and quit posturing. But either way, you want half a pan of these little goodies for yourself, and you know it.

After carefully getting them set, I packaged them up for our soon to be far flung missionary. Those little home vacuum sealing machines are so much fun! Since his presents have to leave American soil before he actually does in order to make it to Germany in time, we are on a deadline here. Chop, chop!

I only have the contributions of one more set of family members to get together in the boxes and then we ship it all away into the arms of the air freight folks who will see it safely overseas. We repose our trust in the kind people to make sure my boy has a Merry Christmas.

If only beaming technology were possible. . .

Oh well. Patience is a virtue I have yet to acquire, although I am working on it.

No comments: