December 4, 2007

A really good movie

When was the last time you saw a really good movie?

Well, thanks to the recommendation and the generosity of my best friend who loaned me her copy of an absolutely FABULOUS movie, my husband and I had a GREAT evening together.

Look, we are simple country folks without much taste for fancy stuff. Ha ha.

And we have swamp land for sale in Floridy for a reeeeeealy good price.

Fact is, sometimes it is just more fun to turn off the lights, sit real close and watch a movie that doesn't require being dressed up to attend. My ability to perceive the finer points of Hollywood's gems isn't limited by watching their offerings in my socks.

I think that I feel closer to the programs I see without the trappings of a theater sometimes. I am NOT knocking going out, but sometimes, I just want to see a movie without the hassle of ticket lines or cellphone conversation in the next seat over from some boor who believes they are 'too important' to turn the thing off.

So I can enjoy a wonderful evening and a great program in the company of my longsuffering husband and do it all in my socks. Find me a multi-mega-giganto-plex that allows all of that.

Plus, my popcorn is better. mmmmm!

No comments: