June 20, 2008

junk

Although it's Friday, I am not in a Friday mood.

I keep looking at the calendar wondering what I've forgotten to do.

While I am sure that other people experience this, it can be rather disconcerting when it's my turn to belost int he soup of life.

Some days, I have to wonder just where we are heading collectively and individually.

Our world seems to be divided in so many little groups and cliques now. I realize that differences have always existed, but they seem so pronounced now.

I can't quite put my finger on why.

I worry about my kids (one of whom isn't actually considered a kid anymore - but he will always be my baby) and the other one who is getting harder to handle physically. Not because of anything he is doing, but because my physical stamina and strength are just not going to keep up with what will be required as Jared grows.

Life is changing around us and I worry that my kids will get short-shrifted in life by the ever-changing societal mores and issues. We seem to be gravitating toward making the loudest be the ones in charge.

Being loud doesn't equate to being right, but we will wade through the river Styx to figure this out instead of just applying simple logic.

The people who seem to be hurt the most with every change of societal 'good' are always the least able to communicate their needs and wants.

Governments and societies seem to last only a few hundred years at best before internal destruction creating an implosion that takes us from free and loving to enslaved and filled with both self-loathing and societal hatred.

Although I know that I am not granted any special dispensation to have trouble bypass my life, there are days I'd like to close the blinds on the havoc outside the window.

No comments: