August 13, 2008

Incompetence

It's a trigger for me.

Although I have had my moments of complete and utter stupidity, I try diligently to keep the fires of idiocy burning on a low flame.

But now, I find that others have raised the art of incompetence to the level of a forest fire in intensity and duration.

I just got a phone call that said Jared was not covered for Medicaid because he hadn't had his annual EPSDT.

You have got to be kidding me!?!?!

The follow up call to the nurse at doctor's office wasn't much better. She now says that Jared didn't have an EPSDT for this year as well.

HOLY HANNAH!!!

Not only DID he have the appointment but WE KEPT IT!!

He even got shots for updating and getting new immunizations to help keep his compromised immune system up to snuff for the new school year.

And I have proof.

My date book in my purse is the inviolable last word of what goes on the 'social calendar' of the entire family.

If it isn't written on the date book, chances are it never happened.

So, just to make sure I wasn't one match away from an inferno of personal incompetence that would make the Chicago Fire look like a weenie roast, I whipped the book out and while on the phone with BOTH the medical supplies provider AND the pediatrician's office PROVED that we were there and that J-man came home checked, parts counted and punctured for the year.

Score one for Momma!

They "found" the proof that he had indeed been there and done that. Oh really. FOUND it. And, were compelled to take the blame.

For once, I am not the incompetent moron. They are. YIPPEE!!!!!

I'm glad I have followed in the footsteps of my own Mother who never let one visit go unrecorded and never allowed one single puncture to miss being entered in her careful shot registry she kept in the little green box on her desk. It was the virtual tour of our childhood.

That same sense of record keeping has prevented our fat from being in the fire on so many occassions. And I am glad.

As a side note, I also have a journal entry for the exam date written in ink and dated. LEGAL PROOF.

But I have to wonder if the crazed ramblings of a psychotic mother who has missed out on one too many naps will hold up in court.

If the judge is a mother - they most certainly will.

No comments: