October 13, 2009

'Lief Society

yeah.

Relief Society homemaking (or whatever we are calling it now) and it's raining cats, dogs, goats and cucumbers.

Rain, arthritis and casts don't go well together but I was game. Beth came to take me to the festivities and get me out of the house so I don't go more looney than I already am.

I admit it, I was sort ot looking forward to just leaving the confines of the house.

It was 'share your talents' night. We were encouraged to bring out our hidden talents and share them.

Everyone knows I play musical instruments and sing, so that stayed home. Everyone knows I am a sports nut, so the sweat sox and ball bag didn't make the trip.

Instead, I brought some of my scribblings from an almighty disturbed mind and took the time to enjoy the company of my best friend and assorted gals at our table.

We laughed, we snorted, we hooted with glee.

Then we got told to hush.

Whatever.

Don't be hatin' on us because you are sitting at the old people's table!! Nobody made you be all crotchety and humorless but yourself!

I'm glad I went.

Even the table had fall leaves on it.

It was a good night.

And it gave me yet another reason to be thankful that I surround myself with people who love to laugh and enjoy the gospel light without the word "prune" being involved.

God bless us, everyone. Especially those who checked their sense of humor at the door.

No comments: