May 7, 2010

People of Walmart

In the interest of fairness, I have made my share of trips to our local Wal-Mart less than fashionably attired and I'm reasonably sure at least one of those trips involved socks that did not match.

Our world is filled with diversity. No singular location demonstrates this more thoroughly than a trip to your local 24-hour Wal-Mart. Particularly if you are using the bottom end of that 24-hour period to make your visit.

Regular people and a few wingnuts go out during the day.

The wingnut parade and the oddballs go out at night.

These folks are more concerned with getting what they want with 24-hour convenience than with a dress code.

Because a dress code isn't a big deal, then by default their clothing IS a big deal. Or in some cases... their LACK of clothing.

I have myself witnessed a man in our local Wal-Mart wearing a woman's shirt (it was a frilly pink number) that bared his hairy middrift. MMMMM. Just what I want to look at while I'm considering which bag of salad will be going home with me that day. NOT!

I'm not sure if his late night clothing choice was simply an "oops" or something more serious. And frankly, I wasn't about to ask since he outweighed me by a good 75 pounds or more and my ankle still isn't up to sprinter speed.

Then there was the lady who was wearing an extremely revealing catsuit type of outfit for her trip to the pharmacy. Eartha Kitt she was not. There should be some sort of legal limit on weight and body shape when it comes to outfits like that. They are not meant for the eyes of the young! I took anatomy and physiology in school and trust me when I tell you NONE of the cadavers looked like this.

I promise, I'm not judging... I have my own body/fashion/dressing issues to deal with that take up volumes of time and space to discuss. But when these folks I've mentioned as well as the ones on the website go to the local Wal-Mart, did they manage to even drift casually past a full-length mirror... at any time?

Periodically, I find myself perusing the photos pictured there to make sure I'm not featured prominantly or exposing myself in some dire fashion.

Enjoy... or reel in horror.

No comments: