June 17, 2011

Paint the Town Red


Okay, so it isn't the ENTIRE town... just the portion of town that surrounds my ankle and foot... but it's RED!

This particular cast stays on for a couple of weeks as healing continues, then we will determine what color comes next.

The swelling comes and goes as as the process of trying to heal and find a position to put my leg in that doesn't hurt varies from moment to moment. I'm also trying to learn to navigate with the knee scooter without tumbling into a wall or other object while I'm in a drugged stupor.

I need the pain killers, but they do strange things to my sleep cycle, my dreams and my wake time comprehension. They make me loopy ... loopier... loopiest... and alter my perceptions of how things are coming along.

I'm getting a little throbbing in my ankle, so I guess it's time to head back to the ice filled fun, fun world of putting my ankle up on pillows.

No comments: