July 21, 2011

She's Got the Boogie Fever

Boogie Fever

Nothing compels movement more than the inability to actually move.

I have been mentally revisiting the halcyon days of my youth when going to dances and strutting what little stuff I possessed was a good time.

My musical confessional must include the various groups that appeared on American Bandstand, Soul Train and the Casey Casem Top 40.

Save for the few people who had actually learned to dance in a studio, most of us learned our suave moves from watching the dancers on television and thinking that we were exact matches of what we had seen them perform.

Don't confuse us with the facts, facts aren't important when you have sweet boogie down disco moves.

I don't dance now. I'm in fear of throwing something out and that something never coming back. I've always wanted to take dance lessons, but I don't think I want to dance with any of my sisters that much (no offense gals!) and Rick has informed me that the Second Coming is a more likely prospect than getting dance lessons.

I'd go by myself, except with my height, they'd pair me up with some old lady with a better mustache than I have because there aren't enough guys in the class. I know this for a fact because when I took a dance class in college, I danced with a lot of nice girls because we outnumbered the guys 10 to 1.

Play That Funky Music

Of course, the discovery that there was just some music that even now is a sort of a time transporter was awesome! I can listen to some music and remember the sights, sounds and cologne worn by a guy I finally got to dance with to some of the finest music on the planet.

Oh, to be able to go back and pick up the body I had then, but keep the brains I have now!!

That still isn't possible, is it. Dang it? I would have thought technology could have done a better job on that account. After all, this is the generation of microwaves and online banking!

Guess it's time to take my boogie fever on out to the car for my appointment.

'She's got the boogie fever (boogie fever baby) she likes to boogie down (get on down, get on down)'

Go get your own disco shoes and handkerchief dress, 'kay?

No comments: