January 8, 2012

Slice, dice and pathology

Post op report.... the doc thinks that he got it all. A nice little lump of suspicion and conjecture.

Very superstitious... and the little lump turned out bigger than anticipated. Surprise.

So now, we await the report on pathology on just what they carved out and what comes next.

I now have a small valley in my left breast.

But I AM STILL HERE.

And regardless of what comes next, I'm not done yet.

I'm ready to keep going. Like the mean little girl I am, I'm fighting for my life the only way I know how... I fight dirty.

The pain medicine is keeping me comfortably loopy and the shower yesterday took most of the "oompa loompa" betadyne wash off of my skin. The bruising on my body isn't too bad.

My right arm looks like a gorilla was in charge of the blood pressure readings during surgery. And this lovely "surgical bra" that I came home in as a parting gift from the procedure is zero fun. It's itchy and scratchy and, dang it all, necessary.

I'll go back to see the doc on the 16th to see what he has to say next.

Pathology should be back about mid-week and we'll see what they cultured up from the mess they removed in surgery.

Time to shower and go back to bed.

Nap time.

1 comment:

Laura Player said...

Way to go Shelley.. keep up the great attitude!