August 12, 2013

Lunacy on parade

Being at home a majority of the time since the wreck has turned me into a nutjob. I'm reasonably sure I am now qualified for one of those redneck reality shows since my IQ has most certainly dropped several notches.

While I am thankful to be much more mobile and agile than I have been, my strength flags pretty quickly sometimes and catches me off guard and needing a nap.

Some days, even after an alleged good night's sleep, my reactions are not quite up to snuff.

Today is one of those days.

As a prime example, I offer the following:

You know you have lost your mind when you stretch your foot out, feel something fuzzy and warm on the floor, freak out and scream, then look down to realize it was one of your socks. That you just took off. Yeah. Lunatic alert.
I didn't intend for today to become an example of just how crazy my five senses have become or what kind of psychic overload that can occur. But there you have it.

Now I am compelled to find the psychological term for fear of warm fuzzy socks. Bambakophobia is apparently fear of cotton material, which is what my socks are knitted from... let's keep searching...

Haptodysphoria is described as a fear of fuzzy things like velvet, raw cotton, peaches, carpet... okay, still looking...

Thermophobia. Fear of warm things.

So, here we have it. A classifiable psychological issue ... (of course searching for it is also a classifiable psychological disorder)

Thermohaptodysphoribanbakophobia. Fear of warm, fuzzy socks.


So now you know.

Protect yourself from this disorder. And the lunacy that accompanies it.


Bambakophobia
Bambakophobia
Bambakophobia
Bambakophobia

No comments: