April 20, 2014

Easter Skyping with Nathan

Though he is not even a month old, we spent some time on Skype with Nathan today.

Now surely you know his nimble fingers didn't create the connection, but rather his Daddy set us up for the long distance kiss fest.

I love that little boy with all of my heart in a love so deep and wide that it is beyond the superlatives that mere language can offer. It is a love that is emotion in action that can never be fully worded or expressed in conversation.

To see his precious sleepy little face and to see the obvious love and interaction between the new parents and their little sweet son is such a blessing. Technology has spanned the miles in  a way that gives us more time to see little Nathan growing up.

I worry for the kind of world that is around him for I am unable to protect him from all the harm that is in the world that is no longer the genteel place of bygone days. I ponder over the ways that I can be of help to him and his parents to whom this great responsibility and love has been extended.

They sent us an Easter picture of Nathan and Tianna all dressed for church today. He made it through about half of the meetings which for a little guy on his first outing is fabulous.

Nathan's FIRST EASTER April 20, 2014

I have felt in my heart for a long time that my oldest son would be afar as an adult with his own family. And I have long tried to reconcile myself to that feeling so that when the travel to and fro in the earth to be with him happened, I would be able to ready myself and be happy to go.

Now with this tiny piece of my heart extended at this great distance, I find that I am wishing more and more for a way to be near to him that could bridge the miles more swiftly.

It must be some measure of how Father feels when we His children are away from Him for a time as we attempt to work our way through mortality and find our way back to His presence.

That distance between heart and soul must indeed be the same for Him as it is for me only manifold multiplied over the countless generations of those children named His.

I'm thankful for Easter, the glorious resurrection of Jesus Christ that offers us so much more than cleansing from our sins, but a marvelous opportunity to bridge the distance between heaven and earth.

And I'm thankful for the technology that gives us the bridge between our home on earth and that little bit of heaven that currently lives with his family in Virginia.

Grandma loves you, Nathan!

No comments: