September 18, 2015

It's been a while

Sitting here this morning after trying to get in some exercise and take care of the bizarre infection and allergic reaction to my arthritis pain patch. The doctor put me on some antibiotics and steroids to drive the infection out, which does seem to be working. The most painful area seems to be centered over my left hip now and is finally coming to the surface which is good.

While I'm not a fan of shoving medicines down my throat willy-nilly, there are times in which I am extremely grateful for the blessing of modern medications that relieve the pain, the itch and the infection from this twist of fate all from trying to make arthritis less of an enemy.

I rode my bike as an attempt to get in some exercise today because I just didn't feel up to pushing the punk around in his chair outside. Jared's pretty good natured about it all and is watching a program on yo-yo's right now. It all brings back memories of the Duncan Glow Imperial yo-yo of my childhood. It's around here in the house somewhere, perhaps in my keepsakes cedar box. It was a thing of wonder, joy and amusement that sometimes was tried out in weapon form. That handy little gift got the yo-yo confiscated until I promised to never bust someone in the butt with it again. Which I was glad to promise because the yo-yo was both fun and an excellent bedside night light.

We are now sitting here, Jared and I, watching Yo Yo Ma, the cellist. The wonderful way which he plays is both beautiful and expressive. I so appreciate the gift of good music and the peace it speaks to my soul to hear the lovely and lyrical notes that fill the air with beauty and happiness. Even when the music is poignant and deep, it is a message that even in the darker times of life, there is a pathway to God through the passionate refrains of good music.

I have ice on my hip and it is helping with the swelling and localized fever over the area. It feels better with a few minutes of ice now and then. Hopefully, we are coming to a climax on this unpleasant diversion from pain patches. I won't be using them again any time soon. Sad really, because before now, they had been most helpful.

But I have to say, if they are going to break me out like a victim of some horrible poxy illness or leprous withery mess, I can live without them happily.

God bless and onward to whatever the day holds!

No comments: