April 16, 2008

What Time Is It?

When days like this start, I know it's going to be a struggle to make it to suppertime.

While I am no expert on this particular phenomenon, I do have enough experience to qualify me for the merit badge.

I looked at the clock wrong this morning. You might have experienced it. That horror that the alarm on the clock didn't go off and you are now running horribly late for life in general?

NO? Seriously, that hasn't EVER happened to you?

Well, lie down and put a cool cloth on your head because your fever has made you delirious.

So, with a hip that hurts and wakes me up to tell me it's been in one place for far too long, I looked at the clock.

Horror stricken at the numbers on the display, I threw myself out of bed and grabbed my fleece robe to compensate for the loss of the electric blanket. Practically running to get Jared ready for school in order to make the bus on time, I hurried.

Then, after the panic was subsiding, I looked up to see the clock on the stove glowing green numbers that, I swear, were LAUGHING at me.

Waking up disoriented and dyslexic are indeed challenging. The numbers on the clock in our world are read left to right. I must have been looking at a Hebrew Timex in my sleep because I read it RIGHT TO LEFT hence the panic.

Did you know that the time is different that way sometimes?

So now I sit with the beginnings of a migraine induced by stress.

And how is your morning?

No comments: