March 13, 2010

Have you ever been so tired that you fell asleep in the shower up against the shower wall with your mouth hanging open and awakened suddenly sputtering out water because you were afraid you were about to drown?

And what with that bunch of droplets that forms on top of store bought pies with meringue on top? Is that meringue sweat? If it's sweat, do we really want to eat it? Isn't sweat kind of gross? Even if it is meringue sweat...

On rainy days when highways are slick from the oils and greases the water brings up from the cracks in the asphalt, why do people speed along as if it doesn't matter? I ask because I got to watch a really awful wreck happen right on the road in front of me and called 911 and the Sheriff's dispatch in their behalf. Then, on the way back from Huntsville, I watched the aftermath of a three car crunch by Wendy's. And I called 911 and APD dispatch for those folks.

Jared got to go to the emergency room this morning in Huntsville at the Women's and Children's ER.

He had blood in his phlegm (or so I thought). As it turns out, there was a capillary by where his tonsils used to be that had burst leaving him with a mouthful of blood. He's fine. His chest X-ray was good and he is taking some Mucinex for the sinus and upper chest congestion. Jared had a slight fever, too. But it even went down before they discharged us.

It's been a day.

Can I slip into my PJ's and go to bed now??

Oh, yeah, today is the day we switch our clocks up an hour to lose a bit more sleep and to ensure that we spend Sunday wandering around like moles with sleepy eyes and yawning faces. I hope this means spring is coming because frankly speaking, I can't take much more winter without just giving up and hibernating full time.

I'm not looking forward to this next week off track from school for Jared. It's not nice enough to take him around the sidewalks of our neighborhood for a walk and roll. Unless forecasts change dramatically ...

No comments: