March 15, 2010

If Only I'd Been Faster...

Slow reflexes prevented me from getting to the remote control in time.

Now, I am doomed until I can get the stupid song out of my head.

Those kids programs that are on television during the morning on the educational channel have some of the most annoying music in the ENTIRE world on them! Once the catchy, mind-numbing tune is in your head, it NEVER LEAVES!

I find myself hanging up freshly laundered shirts and humming along to the tune... then I realize what I am doing and scream!

Where is my recalled memory of Whitney Houston or Kansas? But nooooooooo... I get the music to Super Readers or some other such garbage.

Then, I have to be careful about the afternoon programs too.

There is some program called Sid, the Science Kid that comes on about the time I am flipping through the channels to find the afternoon cooking show that I enjoy watching with the nice helpful vegetarian lady who makes some nice looking food. Instead, I accidentally pass the channel with the blue haired, freaky looking animated Sid and his equally freaky family.

The music is horrible, the lyrics are worse but I can't get it out of my head!! AAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

We are wasting valuable resources on the war on terror. Can't we just drop planeloads of these hateful little songs on our nation's enemies and drive them crazy?

I can guarantee that after a couple of run-throughs of this junk they would be certifiably insane and fit for a nice rubber room somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

Well, I have finally changed to something more fitting for Jared since he is home for the week for Spring Break in less than Floridian temperatures. The only place the temps are suited is Spring Break at the Arctic Circle. And I just don't want to contemplate seeing the bears in Speedo's. Too gruesome...

May your day be filled with music you WANT to hear and no annoying repeats of something that is guaranteed to drop your I.Q. by 40 points with every repetition.

No comments: