May 14, 2010

Sucks to be Me

Normally, I am a touch cynical but have a relatively cheerful and hopeful outlook. Today is just not going to be one of those days.

My ankle is broken.

Not my bad right ankle, campers. Oh no. That would be both predictable and easy. I'm USED to having it broken. Over the course of my married life, my right ankle has been broken multiple times.

But this is a first.

My LEFT ankle is broken.

It's NEVER been broken before.

It's a small avulsion fracture, but more painful than a complete break and I have plenty of comparison fractures from which to choose.

Plus, to add excitement to the day, my X-rays also revealed some delightful little violently painful bone spurs on my heel jabbing into my Achilles, which explains the swelling and pain I've been having in my Achilles despite warming up and stretching before walking.

Wonderful. No clue what that will mean...  surgery, treatment, amputation... I digress.

At this point, my weekend will be taken up with pain medication, elevation of my left leg and a healthy dose of whiny-ass self pity.

Thomas kindly patted my shoulder and said I was a crap magnet.

I tried to find a way to make that comment palatable, but there was just no way to dress it up and make it pretty.

Polish a turd and it's still a turd.

Go ahead and laugh. I know you want to.

I'm quite sure that I'd enjoy a good laugh, too...

if it wasn't ME that it kept happening to with such alarming frequency.

1 comment:

Mellocat said...

Crap magnet? CRAP MAGNET?

You should ask Thomas what that says about him, then... He must needs be some of the... well, you get the picture.

You been checked for osteoporosis (or whatever it is called and spelled), what with all the broken ankles?