January 14, 2011

Hopes and prayers

A new chapter begins in the professional life of my husband. Rick begins a new job today in Decatur.

In the wake of losing employment in what we thought was a secure environment, we now realize that security on the earth is a pipe dream and that our higher hopes and expectations ride on security in heaven.

The sales job is in very familiar territory. He will be selling floor covering again. It is an area of expertise for him and he will do well.

In my heart I know this. I just feel like I'm waiting to exhale in a sense. Everything happened so fast, I'm a little afraid I'll wake up only to discover that it was wishful dreaming.

The Lord God Almighty is mindful and this miracle and blessing of employment is a Godsend for certain.

It is to God I give all my praise and all the glory.

No comments: