March 16, 2011

He's a handsome dude

Jared's Senior Portraits - 2011

We are getting pretty close to a special day that we have anticipated and hope would happen for a while.

Of course, there have been times through the years when we have wondered if we'd get there with our sweet baby boy.

Jared, my sweet little boy now a grown man, will be graduating in May of this year. His tuxedo pictures put an exclamation point on a dream. I'd love to send a copy of this to Dr. Breaux. He is the doctor who literally and with the help of God Almighty saved our little baby all those years ago when he initially looked the Angel of Death right in the eyes.

While I do not know all the whys and wherefore's of Jared's existence in this particular limiting circumstance for his physical body, I know that smiling countenance is filled with a radiant light from God Himself. No other explanation is possible when you look into his face which seems to be back lit from heaven itself.

I hope that others see in Jared that heavenly light and seek to know its source.

I'd love to tell them about it.

And one day, Jared will talk about it himself.

I can't wait...

While I cannot imagine what he would say, I can imagine his laughter because we hear it often. His laugh is a rich embodiement of what it must be to share a joke with God. It's a personal thing that just rolls out and warms even the chilliest of hearts.

Jared has an ability to draw people in. It's his personal gift from God. Strangers can't help but talk to him. He makes friends everywhere he goes. It is as if he is an ambassador of sorts.

He brings light into a darkened world because Jared KNOWS God and His Christ.

I have no doubt of that.

There is no other way to describe the happiness that just leaks out from every pore when he smiles.

Enjoy the picture.

But do come and get to know the dude behind the smile. Your life won't ever be the same again.

No comments: