May 18, 2014

The "ick" factor

Sometimes, things happen around me that are baffling beyond comprehension.

And sometimes those things make me sick to my stomach. They possess the "ick" factor.

We had stopped in some nameless hamlet to take care of business and clean off the windshield. We also wanted to give Jared a break and let him stretch out a bit. Riding along for hours at a time isn't too fun for him and truthfully, when your left butt cheek has become numb, it's time to get up and stretch out despite the miles that lay ahead on the drive.

Pulling into this pit stop, we were careful to align the car with a desolate area so that if a diaper change were necessary for Jared, he wouldn't be exposed to the prying eyes of the curious and the profane.

Rick gave me the go ahead to visit the restrooms first. I hustled inside knowing that both time and urge were ticking against me and took the first clean and likely stall for the appointed activity.

I was thankful for indoor plumbing as the outside temperature in that town was a balmy 51 degrees.

When I finished up, I noticed a well dressed woman departing her stall ahead of me. She had a very expensive outfit on, a pricey purse and a complete lack of hygiene. She did NOT stop to wash her hands.

Talk about the "ick" factor!! GROSS!!

Now everything in the bathroom had become suspect for potty germs!

Isn't that the first thing you get taught as a small child while potty training - always - ALWAYS - wash your hands when you get done?

When I washed and dried my hands, I noticed there was NO paper towel holder anywhere. And since I had used the turbo dryer for my hands, I was left to open the door with the shirt tail of my t-shirt. I will NOT open the door with the lingering remnants of potty hands on the handle!

That is nasty beyond belief.

Oh my goodness at the images conjured up by the folks who never learned to wash after going potty!!

The "ick" factor.

No matter how well turned out you may appear to be, if you have no decent manners it can dull the image considerably.

No comments: