September 20, 2007

Life's Little Time Wasters

My father in law just sent me a 'see how observant you are' test.

http://www.oldjoeblack.0nyx.com/thinktst.htm

I sent it along to a friend after taking it and reporting my score to my father in law.

Purists will make a perfect score on the first take. I made my perfect score on the second take. Which is sort of a bit like cheating, I suppose.

But it got me to thinking, just how much of what we do as we sit drawing near the glowing light from our monitors can be classified as 'time wasters'.

I love those I.Q. tests they have online. I likewise love the ones that promise to reveal your life purpose by the selection of colors in a proscribed sequence of choices.

And my favorite time waster has to be online word games.

I love Chicktionary, and Scrabble. To be truthful, I like board games that require you to spell.

As the confirmed winner of many a spelling bee championship during my earlier years, I take a somewhat perverse satisfaction in creaming my opponents in word games. I fully realize that the people I trounce in word games can turn me into putty with mathmatical precision (pun intended) when it comes to anything requiring numbers, other than balancing a checkbook.

I also love the little games and time wasters that come on the computers. Mah Johng and Solitaire and all of the other useless drivel that will make the day go by when I am bored.

Hope you do well on your score at the above link. Even if it takes more than one try.

No comments: