February 9, 2008

All things Celia

I am a fan of Celia Rivenbark.

I had the chance to see a live bit she did on GMA talking about inappropriate clothing for little girls in a range of skank wear mean more for ladies of the night than little children.

She even used a term that I was unfamiliar with: "Prostitots", meaning those children who are dressed in those off the shoulder come hither outfits.

Why has our society begun treating our children as the next step in the chain for the predators of the world? Although predatory men and women do NOT need provocation for their filthy choices, the blatant advertising of 'hot stuff' and 'juicy' on the clothing being sold to minors is completely offensive and certainly gives every indication that the sexualization of young girls is fine and dandy.

IT IS MOST CERTAINLY NOT!

Though I do not have little girls myself, I do have several nieces, and I do care about their welfare. I understand that part of a girls' self esteem revolves around looking nice. I was out getting a new outfit myself just last night.

But that need to dress well and have something special to make a girl feel pretty doesn't in any measure justify the objectification of a minor child as a target of the lustful thoughts of an adult.

As Celia (my hero!) showed the array of hoochie wear, I was astonished that parents thought so little of their child's wellbeing as to actually purchase the prostitot line of clothing and think it was okay to so do.

Nobody said you had to dress "Princess" in the 2008 line of Puritan wear, but to dress them in clothing that robs them of the chance to be a little girl is more than disturbing. It is SICK.

Without the opportunity to be children, we create incomplete adults who will always hunger for something that they haven't ever had - the kind of freedom that comes from knowing the adults in your life truly care enough to let you daydream and be innocent.

I am not absent the fact that violence and horror greets many an innocent child on a daily basis. But this sexualization of children on a deliberate basis to receive the gratification of the almighty dollar is idolatry of the basest sort.

God, please bless and care for these of your children. I fear that some of the parents don't.