December 1, 2010

December has arrived

While not exactly skipping around singing "It's Beginning to Look Like Christmas", I am listening to a lot of good music for Christ and Christmas right now.



Part of the reason I'm not skipping is because it makes my knees hurt and I'm not singing because my voice, already low by female standards, has dropped about an octave and I sound very much like a frog or a toad.

Are frogs and toads considered 'holiday' animals, er, uh, amphibians? And is it tacky to decorate with them or to decorate them directly? Do they like wearing festive holiday antlers or does it just annoy them? Just wondering.

Having a cold makes it hard to breathe much less to sing, so I listened intently to my choir music hoping against hope that I could mentally rehearse the songs and hymns we are to present the weekend of the 10th, 11th and 12th of December.

I'm quite certain that the invitation to participate in the Christmas choir anticipated that I would do so without sounding like the croakings of doom from the back row of risers. Frankly, I've never heard a choir comprised of frogs or toads and wonder just what kind of selections they would choose to highlight their abilities. Do they actually have singers who carry a tune or do they simply make pitched noise?

Do frogs and toads even know music? And if they know music, are they able to work to whip a choir into shape for 8 shows over the course of one weekend? Are their homes bedecked with garland and tinsel or do they prefer pond slime and lily pads? Do they like gingerbread cookies?

Sorry, I digress...

Sadly, since my voice is currently stuck in their range, I had to ask because inquiring and drug-induced minds want to know. Perhaps when I am more lucid after a night's rest, these concerns will probably not plague me. I hope...I'm sure YOU hope that, too.

Should it happen to not be the case and it is discovered that I am gleefully decorating my tree with plastic frogs, please just close the door, ignore my croaking attempt at singing "I Saw Three Ships" and just slip away as if you had never seen anything at all. It would be the kindest thing to do.

No comments: